COVID-19: Important Update About Meicher CPAs Services
We are continuing to work remotely to serve our clients. To help protect the health of our clients and staff, our Middleton office is closed to visitors until further notice. The Middleton first floor lobby is open ONLY for dropping off your tax materials. Please leave your package on the cart on the first floor lobby, call us at 608-826-1900 and we will immediately come down to retrieve your package. Drop off is available weekdays between 8am and 5pm (closed on weekends).
You may also submit your tax documents using certified mail or overnight delivery services, or consider taking advantage of our safe, secure client portal by electronically uploading your documents. You can access the portal here.
We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our office. We appreciate your understanding and support.
An Important Message Regarding 2019 Tax Deadlines
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service are providing special payment relief for individuals and businesses in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Key points are summarized below, along with some important notes about Meicher CPAs services going forward.
Tax Payment Deadline Extended to July 15th
- Income tax payment deadlines for individual returns for both Wisconsin and Federal, with a due date of April 15, 2020, are being automatically extended until July 15, 2020, for up to $1 million of their 2019 Federal tax due.
- This payment relief applies to all individual returns, including self-employed individuals, and all entities other than C-Corporations, such as trusts or estates.
IRS will automatically provide this relief to taxpayers. Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for this relief.
- For C Corporations, income tax payment deadlines are also being automatically extended until July 15, 2020, for up to $10 million of their 2019 tax due.
- This relief also includes estimated tax payments for tax year 2020 that are due on April 15, 2020.
- Both Federal and Wisconsin Filing Deadlines are extended until July 15, 2020.