COVID-19: Important Update About Meicher CPAs Services
We are continuing to work remotely to serve our clients. To help protect the health of our clients and staff, our Middleton office is closed to visitors until further notice. We ask all clients to please leave your package or envelope in our secure drop box located near the handicap parking next to the side of the building. If your package is too large for the drop box, please call us at 608-826-1900 weekdays between 8:00AM and 5:00PM and we will immediately come down to retrieve your package.
You may also submit your tax documents using certified mail or overnight delivery services, or consider taking advantage of our safe, secure client portal by electronically uploading your documents. You can access the portal here.
We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our office at 608-826-1900 weekdays between 8:00AM and 5:00PM. We appreciate your understanding and support and we will get through this together.
An Important Message Regarding 2019 Tax Deadlines
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service are providing special payment relief for individuals and businesses in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Key points are summarized below, along with some important notes about Meicher CPAs services going forward.
Tax Payment Deadline Extended to July 15th
- Income tax payment deadlines for individual returns for both Wisconsin and Federal, with a due date of April 15, 2020, are being automatically extended until July 15, 2020, for up to $1 million of their 2019 Federal tax due.
- This payment relief applies to all individual returns, including self-employed individuals, and all entities other than C-Corporations, such as trusts or estates.
IRS will automatically provide this relief to taxpayers. Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for this relief.
- For C Corporations, income tax payment deadlines are also being automatically extended until July 15, 2020, for up to $10 million of their 2019 tax due.
- This relief also includes estimated tax payments for tax year 2020 that are due on April 15, 2020.
- Both Federal and Wisconsin Filing Deadlines are extended until July 15, 2020.